TMZ: Brad Renfro died of accidental heroin overdose

By  | 

LOS ANGELES, CA (WVLT) The Los Angeles County Coroner today, confirmed that actor Brad Renfro died from an accidental overdose of heroin.

According to the celebrity website,, the cause of death was ruled "acute heroin/morphine intoxication," and the drugs were injected, according to the coroner's office.

The 25-year-old Renfro was found dead in his L.A. home on January 15.

As a young boy, Renfro got in and out of trouble here in Knoxville, where he was raised until he got the part of a lifetime in the movie based on the book, "The Client."

A funeral was held here in Knoxville, where Renfro's family still resides.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus