Knoxville Man Hurt in House Fire

(WVLT) - A North Knoxville man is in the hospital being treated for burns after his home caught fire. The Knoxville Fire Department says the owner of the home on Weston Road was carrying an oil lamp when he tripped and dropped it just after midnight. The lamp burst and dumped oil and flames into the man's living room. Fire crews were able to contain the fire but the house has extensive heat, smoke, and water damage. The homeowner is being treated for minor burns to his hands.