Smoke Detectors Save Lives of Farragut Family

Knoxville (WVLT) - Firefighters tell us smoke detectors helped save the lives of a Farragut family Thursday evening.

They say flames were coming through the roof when they arrived on Loop Road just after seven p.m.

The homeowners told firefighters they were finishing dinner when they noticed smoke in the home. That's when the smoke detectors went off, and they all got out of the home safely.

Firefighters say the fire started in the fireplace, but they're not sure how.