Gas Leak Forces Brief Evacuation at School

Knoxville (WVLT) - Students are back in class, following a gas leak late this morning outside Sarah Moore Greene Magnet School on Brooks Avenue in East Knoxville.

Authorities say maintenance crews were mowing the grass this morning when they hit a gas meter, causing a valve to open.

KUB and KPD responded, shutting the gas off immediately and the school was evacuated for about 15 minutes.

No one was injured.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus