Lightning Causes West Knox House Fire

Knoxville (WVLT) - Lightning strikes a West Knox County home during Wednesday afternoon's storm, igniting a small fire in the attic.

Rural Metro firefighters quickly put out the fire on Dunwoody Boulevard about 4:00 p.m., no one was hurt.

Authorities say the bolt energized the house, blowing several big holes in walls near electrical outlets.

Fire officials cut off natural gas to the home after smelling a strong odor.

A utility crew is investigating for gas leaks.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus