House Fire in Gettysvue

By  | 

Knoxville (WVLT) - The roof a West Knoxville home bursts into flames, and the fire department says lightning could've sparked the fire.

Volunteer TV was the first on the scene when fire trucks arrived in the Gettysvue subdivision at 1201 Apaloosa drive around 6:30 Friday evening. That's in the polo club part of Gettysvue.

Flames shot from the attic and smoke poured from the rest of the roof.
KFD says most of the roof sustained the most damage.

Firefighters aren't for sure yet, but they say lightning from storms that passed through just before the 911 call could be cause. However, neighbors say, there's no doubt in their mind that it was lightning.

"And it exploded, and I about jumped out of my skin, and I even told my mother-in-law, who's 80, you have a good heart because she didn't jump at all, but I thought I was going to have a heart attack," neighbor Susan Miller said.

No one was home during the fire.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus