UPDATE: A home catches fire and a family loses everything; volunteers help out

A family wakes up to flames on Christmas Eve now they're forced to spend the holiday, elsewhere.

People stepped up to help - making sure the family would have what they need to start over again.

"We're just taking it one day at a time and a lot of people have
helped us," said Vanessa Large.

Even folks they'll never meet are lending a hand.

"Well it makes me feel good that that family is taken care of," said Archie Powell.

Volunteers gave the twins two guitars and cowboy boots.

"The support to make sure that Christmas went well for them was great," said Gabe Large.

It's a new beginning for the Large family and one that looks promising.

"I'm just thankful that the Lord blessed us that we were able to make it out okay," said Gabe Large.

Gabe Large told Local 8 News he saw a glow in the attic got up and spotted the fire. Gabe says he told his wife to grab the boys.

"I got my kids and took them outside and grabbed their shoes, jackets and their medicine. That was all I could get," said Vanessa Large.

If you're interested in donating to the large family the information is below.

All gifts and monetary items can be dropped off at Vonnie's Market located at 3306 Hindscreek Road in Heiskell, Tennessee.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus