Oak Ridge apartment fire starts while cooking Easter brunch

OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WVLT)-- An Easter lunch quickly turned dangerous Sunday morning in Oak Ridge.

The Oak Ridge Fire Department says a woman was cooking oil in a pan, when the oil ignited and her apartment went up in flames.

No one was injured and firefighters say damage was only done to that one unit.

The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The apartment is on Wade Lane in Oak Ridge.

Courtesy: Tom Scott
Courtesy: Tom Scott

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus