Elderly couple escapes overnight fire in Seymour

Seymour, Tenn (WVLT) - An elderly couple was not injured after their Seymour home caught fire early Friday morning.

It broke out a little after midnight at a home on Bud King Lane. That's off McCammon Road.

Crews arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.

They had to truck in water because there was no hydrant in the area.

Neighbors say the husband smelled smoke, work up his wife and the two got out.

They are staying with relatives who live next door.

The home is a total loss and authorities have not said how the fire started.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus