Employees put customers first when restaurant catches on fire

KNOXVILLE, Tenn.(WVLT)--Going out for a burger got a lot more exciting for folks at the Krystals on Broadway.

Knoxville Fire tells us that a fire at the restaurant just after 8pm Monday night. Smoke quickly filled the building. Some quick thinking managers hurriedly rushed employees and customers from the smoke filled building.

Power was cut to the building and firefighters quickly went to work looking for the source of the smoke. The found it started in a heat and air unit on the roof of the restaurant.

The business will remain closed for the evening and evaluate damages in the morning.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus