Grease blamed for Sevier County apartment fire

(Source: Sevier County Fire Department)

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Sevier County Firefighters worked to save a fire from spreading to other apartments on Tuesday.

Around 2:30 p.m. firefighters were called to Murrell Meadows Drive for an apartment fire. Firefighters say they were able to contain the fire to just one apartment.

According to Sevier County Fire Spokesperson Paul Lambert, the fire was started by grease where someone was cooking and no one was hurt in the fire.

Other residents evacuated were allowed to return to their homes shortly after the fire was put out.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus