House fire in North Knoxville

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT)-- The Knoxville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 3248 Wilderness Road at 11:50 p.m. Saturday.

Captain D.J. Corcoran reported that firefighters found heavy smoke and visible flames upon arrival. Fire crews were able to contain most of the damage to the kitchen and dining area.

Three people were at home during the fire. All escaped without injury.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental. A resident of the home said a pot of grease had been left on a heated stovetop.

The American Red Cross will assist the family with a temporary place to stay.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus