Knoxville man escapes house fire

By  | 

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - A Knoxville man escaped injury after his home caught fire tonight.

Firefighters say the man was chopping wood outside his Scottish Avenue Pike.

But he noticed smoke coming from his home around 6:30 and called 911.

He told investigators he had been burning wood in his fireplace and thought it was out.

Family members living across the street are helping the man.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus