Propane fire leaves one man hospitalized

By  | 

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - The Knoxville Fire Department responded to a fire on Fair Drive early Saturday morning after a man says his propane heater ignited in flames.

The man was trying to light the portable heater and told firefighters he may have cross threaded the propane cylinder, allowing gas to fill the room.

Firefighters say the house was significantly damaged and the living room gutted. The man plans to stay with family members for now.

The man drove himself to the hospital with first degree burns on his face and arms.

KFD reminds to always use caution when operating any portable/alternative heat such as propane or kerosene, making sure to follow the manufactures suggestions.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus