Restaurant fire extinguished by sprinklers

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- A sprinkler system saved a Sevierville Red Lobster from burning down Sunday morning.

Sevierville firefighters were called to the Parkway restaurant just before 5 a.m. on Sunday. No one was inside when firefighters arrived.

According to SFD Fire Marshal Tommy White, it appeared the fire started in a pile of empty boxes and trash located inside the rear door of the restaurant. “The cause of the fire is likely improperly discarded embers from a wood-burning stove,” said Fire Marshal White.

Firefighter say the overhead sprinkler was turned on and quickly put out the fire. No Damage was reported and the restaurant was allowed to open on Sunday.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus