COVID-19 cases surpass 183,000 in Tennessee
The Tennessee Department of Health released new numbers of COVID-19 cases in the state.
The Tennessee Department of Health reported 183,514 total COVID-19 cases in the state as of September 20.
165,844 patients have recovered or been labeled as “inactive” and 2,218 people in Tennessee have died from the virus with 662 current hospitalizations.
Guidance released by the CDC advises practicing preventative measures to help stop an outbreak in your community by:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, stay home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
Copyright 2020 WVLT. All rights reserved.