COVID-19 cases surpass 57k, more than 33k recoveries in Tennessee
The Tennessee Department of Health released new numbers of COVID-19 in the state.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the state of Tennessee increased to 57,591 as of July 9.
33,609 patients have recovered and 710 people in Tennessee have died from the virus, according to the health department.
There are currently 3,088 hospitalizations.
Guidance released by the CDC advises practicing preventative measures to help stop an outbreak in your community by:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, stay home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
Copyright 2020 WVLT. All rights reserved.