Advertisement

Gas leak leads to fire in Hamblen County

Several homeowners were forced to evacuate while crews worked to contain the fire.
((MGN Image))
Published: Jul. 13, 2020 at 11:04 PM EDT|Updated: Jul. 14, 2020 at 7:05 AM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Hamblen County officials said they were called to the scene of a fire Monday night in Hamblen County.

According to 911 dispatch, fire crews responded to Old Russellville Pike for a gas leak around 10 p.m. Officials said crews were monitoring a controlled burn when a gas leak sparked a gas line fire.

Several homeowners were forced to evacuate and both lanes of Old Russellville Pike were blocked off while crews worked to contain the fire.

According to Hamblen County officials, there were no reported injuries.

Copyright 2020 WVLT. All rights reserved.

Latest News

Latest News