Advertisement

Blount Co. fire sparks in dryer vent, officials say

Officials with the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire believed to have started in a dryer vent Thursday night.
SVFD crews arrived within 8 minutes and were able to keep the fire from spreading.
SVFD crews arrived within 8 minutes and were able to keep the fire from spreading.(Seymour Volunteer Fire Dept.)
Published: Aug. 28, 2020 at 7:18 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

BLOUNT COUNTY, Tenn. (WVLT) - Officials with the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire believed to have started in a dryer vent Thursday night.

Crews arrived on the scene of the fire on Pleasant Valley Road around 8:30 p.m. Crews arrived within eight minutes of the start of the fire and said they were able to keep the spread of the fire to a minimum.

Officials said at least two people were inside the home at the time of the fire. Everyone made it out safe and no injuries were reported, according to SVFD.

The incident is under investigation.

Copyright 2020 WVLT. All rights reserved.