Here’s how to become a substitute teacher in Knox County
Knox County Schools said they are looking to hire more substitute teachers.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Knox County Schools said they are looking to hire more substitute teachers.
Anyone interested in becoming a Knox County should follow these steps:
- Complete an application here
- Anyone who does not hold a teaching license will need to complete online training that costs $39.95. Learn more about the training course here. Applicants must receive at least 85% to qualify.
- Sign up for a time to meet at the Sarah Simpson Technology Center. Click here for a full list of documents you should bring and access to the calendar with available appointment times.
- Submit a drug screening within 48 hours of receiving a timestamped document. The applicant is responsible for paying $58 to have the test.
- Complete the application by submitting a fingerprint screening. Applicants must pay $35.15 to have a new fingerprint screen complete.
KCS said they intend to hire 20-30 positions that can be used to fill sub positions.
Copyright 2020 WVLT. All rights reserved.