Roane State Community College ends mask requirement
Some COVID-19 protocols will remain in place.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - Roane State Community College officials announced that the college is ending its mask mandate Monday. Individuals who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a mask while on campus. The announcement also said the college is ending its daily wellness screening requirement.
These changes follow the updated guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control.
Some COVID-19 protocols will remain in place, the announcement said, including:
- Self-reporting of a positive COVID-19 test
- Contact tracing performed by the college
- Regular cleaning of college buildings
- Recommended social distancing
- Work-from-home orders for some employees
The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as a person who received their final COVID-19 shot two weeks prior.
Copyright 2021 WVLT. All rights reserved.