Here is the recipe and instructions:
Nuts, gummies, crushed GF cookies, etc.
Ice Cream, whipped cream for garnish (optional)
1. This recipe is grilled either in smoldering, white coals at the end
of a cookout, or on low on a gas grill.
2. Provide each banana split creator with a piece of heavy duty foil and
3. Slightly cut into the banana at the top/back of the peel, then peel
back just the top layer of the banana peel, but don't remove it.
4. Cut a long slit down the middle of the banana and gently spread the
two pieces apart to create a place to add the filling ingredients.
5. Add some nut butter between the slices, then add other ingredients,
6. Place the peel back over the filling.
7. Wrap the foil around the banana, then place over coals or on a grill
set on low heat (the hotter the coals/grill and the longer it stays on,
the softer and smooshier it will get). Usually the banana takes 10 to 15
minutes to heat all of the way through, but check on it every 5 minutes
or so and DON'T put in an open flame. It just needs to be heated, not
8. Carefully remove from the heat source and place on a plate. Unwrap
the foil, pull back the top peel and either remove from the remaining
peel to serve, or scoop it right out of the peel for easy clean up.