KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Chef Scott Whitacker of Southern Savory Creations was in the WVLT studio sharing some of his kitchen tips and tricks.
Here are some of the tips he mentioned:
- Use a coffee mug as a knife sharpener
- Use two plates hold cherry tomatoes while you slice them
- Use a straw to remove strawberry cores
- Use a ziplock to fill strawberries with cream cheese
- Use a skewer through a lemon to juice it
- Choose a female watermelon (shaped like a basketball) with a large yellow spot. These are the sweetest.
Anyone who is interested in more tips and tricks can book a cooking class with Scott on April 18.
Just head to his website to sign up.