Advertisement

11-year-old boy dies from allergic reaction to smell of fish

(WVLT)
Published: Jan. 3, 2019 at 5:28 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Police in New York say an 11-year-old boy is dead after an apparent allergic reaction that occurred when he smelled fish cooking.

Camron Jean-Pierre was pronounced dead at a local hospital after police found him unconscious at his home on New Year's Day.

According to WMAZ, the child had an allergic reaction when his father was cooking cod. When he began showing symptoms, police said the family hooked him up to a breathing machine. When Jean-Pierre lost consciousness 15 minutes later, the family called 911.

Investigators believe that he had an allergic reaction to the smell of the cooking fish. Cleveland 19 reports they do not believe he had eaten any.