KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Fans are gearing up for the Bassmaster Classic that is set to kickoff this Friday and weekend in Knoxville.
Officers with the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency said they will be out in full force, monitoring the area.
TWRA has several guidelines in place for the public:
- Area between the Gay St. Bridge and the Henley St. bridge will be a temporary "no wake zone" until the last angler boat leaves
- Spectator boats above Gay St. bridge should stay on the marina side keeping an open channel on the south side
- Spectator boats below the Henley St. bridge may be on either side of the river keeping an open channel in the middle
- Spectator boats should wait until the last boat leaves before trying to follow
- The boat ramp below the South Knoxville bridge will be closed