Advertisement

Bathroom vent fan the cause of West Knoxville apartment fire

(WVLT)
Published: May. 16, 2019 at 4:08 AM EDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A bathroom vent fan is the cause of a Knoxville fire apartment early Thursday morning.

The Knoxville Fire Department said they were called to The Retreat at West Hills apartment complex on Lake Brook Boulevard just after 2:30 in the morning.

20 apartments were evacuated. Fire crews found a bathroom vent fan burning, catching a portion of the attic on fire in an upstairs unit. The fire was contained and 19 of the 20 units are back to normal.

Four people are displaced. The fire department said bathroom vent fans collect dust and continuous use of a fan with dust can cause the ball bearings to cake up creating friction and heat. They remind everyone to clean their vent fan regularly and never leave them running continuously.

Latest News

Latest News