'It's a miracle' says daughter of CUB worker injured by electric shock

Published: Apr. 9, 2019 at 2:06 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Clinton Utilities Board said a worker sustained an electric shock while doing maintenance in a bucket truck.

CUB said a man was transported to UT Medical Center with injuries that are not considered life-threatening.

The daughter of the man said his name is Mike Bavousett.

"Some of his body was burned from the electricity," said Micha Bavousett in a Facebook Post. "It went through his stomach and out of his shoulder. BUT they said he is alert and is going to be ok."

Micha told WVLT News that doctors expect Mike will be fine, but he will be in the hospital for a couple of days to be sure.

"It's a miracle the electricity missed his heart," said Micha. " I'm sure the recovery won't be too easy so please still keep praying for him!! Thank you all!"

Doctors told Micha her dad has flash burns on his stomach and arms.

Clinton Police confirmed they are investigating after a call came in about the incident just before noon Tuesday.

Police said no was else was hurt, and no threat was posed to anyone in the immediate area. CPD responded to the incident for safety reasons.

The Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration said they have been notified about the incident and an initial inquiry into the circumstances leading up to the accident has begun.

UPDATE: Okay everyone, we got an update!! Some of his body was burned from the electricity. It went through his stomach...

Posted by Micha Christen Bavousett on Tuesday, April 9, 2019