Dollywood postpones media day due to coronavirus
Dollywood announced it has postponed media day activities due to coronavirus.
"Based on the constantly changing Coronavirus situation and under an abundance of caution, Dollywood is postponing its planned media day activities on Friday but currently plans to open as scheduled for Season Passholders and on Saturday for general guests," a release said.
Dolly Parton said, "The exciting economic news we planned to share does not seem appropriate based on what is going on. It doesn’t feel right,” Dolly said. “We need to focus on good health and praying for those who are affected. We know brighter days are ahead.”
As of the afternoon of March 12, there were nine cases of coronavirus in Tennessee.
Guidance released by the CDC advises practicing preventative measures to help stop an outbreak in your community by:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, stay home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol