Florida men arrested after taking THC-laced cake, goodies to "bake sale"
Two men are behind bars in Florida after the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office said deputies pulled over a vehicle for speeding and found an array of THC-laced desserts Thursday.
The sheriff's office said the driver, Shavon Morgan, was driving a rental car on a suspended license, and when they pulled the car over, deputies noticed a strong smell of marijuana. Investigators said they denied having a medical marijuana license.
When deputies further searched the car
- a large cake weighing over 4 lbs testing positive for THC
- scale with marijuana residue
- plastic bag weighing 132.5 grams including 113 pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes
- 27.1 grams of marijuana inside a device utilized to make pre-rolled marijuana cigarettes
- 109 bear-shaped bottles of THC drinks located inside a cooler
- Seven Captain Crunch treats individually packaged for a total of 684.1 grams.
- Seven Rice Crispy treats individually packaged for a total weight of 699.7 grams.
- Seven Trail Mix treats individually packaged for a total weight of 773.4 grams.
- Seven Coco puffs treats individually packaged for a total weight of 803.6 grams.
- Six Fruity Pebbles treats individually packaged for a total weight of 592.1 grams.
- Eight Fruit Loop treats individually packaged for a total of 835.1 grams.
- An aluminum tray with 53 individually packaged cake pops.
- 31 brownies and 7 cookies.
Deputies said they also found several items used to market a bakery business, brand labels, serving trays and bags. According to deputies the items were being transported to sell. Both suspects were arrested on drug charges and possession of drug paraphernalia.