KFD investigates whether house fire was caused by cigarette

Knoxville Fire Department responded to a house fire on Armstrong Avenue Saturday morning.

The fire is believed to have been caused by a cigarette put out on the wall of the balcony by one of the residents of the home .

The incident occurred around 6:15 a.m. on Saturday at 1424 Armstrong Avenue.

KFD reported that when crews arrived to the scene, flames were found coming from the center balcony of the large historic home.

KFD says all seven residents of the home evacuated safely and there were no injuries.

Fire investigators are checking into this incident to determine if the fire was caused by the cigarette.