Advertisement

KFD says electrical wires to blame for Woodbine Ave house fire

Source: (Knoxville Fire Department)
Source: (Knoxville Fire Department)(WVLT)
Published: Dec. 26, 2019 at 1:28 PM EST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

The homeowner and residents of a home that caught fire Thursday in historic Parkridge say they are thankful for good neighbors looking out for them. Owner Michael Moore said the quick call from a neighbor to the fire department led to a four-minute response time. "I feel blessed that no one was hurt and they were able to get the cat out okay.

Neighbors look out for each other and Parkridge is famous for that."

The renters were not home at the time the fire started and expressed their gratitude for neighbors looking out for them. Damage at the home at 2329 Woodbine Avenue was limited to the back of the home and the kitchen.

The Knoxville Fire Department responded to the house fire on Thursday afternoon. According to a Tweet from KFD, a broken neutral that feeds into the meter is the likely culprit.

KFD warned residents to look for this at their own homes, saying squirrels are known to chew through the lines.

Anyone who notices a similar issue at their own home should immediately contact the utility provider and shut off power to the house.

Officials said the fire was extinguished just before 12:30 p.m.

Copyright 2019 WVLT. All rights reserved.

Latest News

Latest News