KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Knoxville Police Department said the suspect in an armed robbery at Dollar General at 4125 Chapman Highway has been taken into custody.
The robbery happened on May 16. On Tuesday, investigators said Lawrence Richard Murray was charged with aggravated robbery in connection to the incident. He also faces charges related to being a felon in possession of a handgun.
According to police, a man pointed a semi-automatic handgun at the cashier inside the Dollar General around 9:00 a.m. Thursday. The suspect demanded money, then the clerk unlocked the register and handed over the cash. The suspect took the money and ran.
Knoxville Police said Murray has been charged in connection with five additional robberies including:
- Subway at 6217 Riverview Crossing on 4/19/19
- Dollar General at 4640 Rutledge Pike on 5/02/19
- Bread Box at 5014 Washington Pike on 5/13/19
- Uncle Lem's at 1024 Sevier Ave on 5/14/19
- Cash Express at 6107 Chapman Highway on 5/16/19
Murray is being held at the Knox County Detention Facility