KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) — The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the state of Tennessee jumped to 2,239, state health officials announced on March 31. 23 patients in Tennessee died from the virus.
Officials said there have been 175 hospitalizations.
The COVID-19 case count for Tennessee is now 2,239 as of March 31, 2020, including 23 deaths and 175 hospitalizations. Questions? Call (833) 556-2476. For more information, go to: https://t.co/Pwof6IANuV. #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/fGm9k9V1HQ— TN Dept. of Health (@TNDeptofHealth) March 31, 2020
Guidance released by the CDC advises practicing preventative measures to help stop an outbreak in your community by:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, stay home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
Copyright 2020 WVLT News. All rights reserved.>