Knoxville homeowner self-evacuates after fuse panel sparks house fire

By  | 

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Rual Metro Fire responded to a report of a structure fire around 9:20 Sunday morning.

The homeowner was home at the time of the fire and self-evacuated by the time RMF arrived to the scene at 7610 Rodgers Road.

Fire fighters reported that upon arrival they discovered sparks coming from the electrical panel on the outside of the house.

RMF says the fire did not extend beyond the fuse panel on the home. A portable fire extinguisher was used to extinguish the fire.

No injuries were reported during this incident.