Meth found in 5-year-old's system, parents blame Halloween candy

Police in Ohio are warning parents after a local told officials that their child had been given laced candy at a Halloween trick-or-treat event.

According to CNN, the incident occurred on Sunday after Galion, Ohio's annual trick-or-treat event. Police said a 5-year-old was rushed to the hospital after eating a piece of candy. Doctors discovered methamphetamine in the child's system.

"(We're) asking people to double check their children's candy supply that they receive while trick or treating and if there is anything suspicious please give us a call," said Galion Police Chief Brian Saterfield.

Officials are not sure if the child ate laced candy; the parents claimed he was playing with a vampire mouth he received seconds before having a seizure.

Police said the child was treated and is expected to make a full recovery.