NASHVILLE, Tenn. The 2019 Inaugural Worship Service will feature some of the nation’s premier performers to begin inauguration-day festivities as Bill Lee becomes the 50th governor of Tennessee.
Michael W. Smith, CeCe Winans, Steven Curtis Chapman, Nicole C. Mullen, Matthew West and others will headline the worship service at the Ryman Auditorium on January 19 at 8:30 a.m.
“Bill and I have been friends for decades,” said Smith in a news release. “His dedication to his Creator, his family, our community and now our state is unmatched. Starting the day of his inauguration in prayer and worship is a sincere and honest reflection of the type people Bill and Maria are. They will be outstanding servant-leaders for the great state of Tennessee.”
Following the worship service, Governor-elect Lee will take the oath of office at a ceremony convening on Legislative Plaza at 11 a.m. The oath will be administered by Tennessee Supreme Court Chief Justice Jeffrey S. Bivins.
You can find a list of inauguration events below.
Friday, January 18 (all times Central)
• Boots on Broadway: Music & More, an evening of live music at Acme Feed & Seed, 101 Broadway, 8 p.m.
Saturday, January 19:
• Inaugural Worship Service, Ryman Auditorium, 8:30 a.m.
• Inaugural Ceremony, Legislative Plaza, 11 a.m.
• Tours of the Tennessee State Capitol, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tennessee State Museum, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., 1000 Rosa L. Parks Boulevard.
• First Couple’s Inaugural Dinner and Ball, Music City Center, 6:30 p.m.
• Believe in Tennessee Inaugural Ball, Music City Center, 8 p.m.
Sunday, January 20:
• Tennessee Residence Open House, hosted by Governor Lee and First Lady Maria Lee, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.