KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) --- There are multiple road closures throughout Knoxville due to heavy rain.
According to Knoxville Police Department at least 98 roads are closed in Knoxville. Multiple roads are flooded and some impassible. Below is a list of some of these road conditions and closings.
• Blugrass at Mourfiled
• Fordtown near Burnette Creek
• Luttrell between Old Tazwell Pike
•Jim Wolfe at Emory
• Nuebert Sprngs at Tipton Station
• Central Avenue Pike at Irwin
• Cedar Bluff at Fox Lonas
• Hightop near McMillan
• Beaver Creek at Central
• West Beaver Creek at Fairlane
• Old Emory between Sharp and Powell
• Rudder just past Timbergrow
• Peters between George Williams and Ebenezer
• Parts of Gordon Smith
• Ebeneezer at the Sunoco Market
• Evertt Pass between Yarnell and I-40 underpass
• Westland between Gallagher View and Sanford Day
• Interstate 40 near Exit 407 in the slow (#3) lane WB.
• High water on SR 139 Jefferson
• Dixie Lee Junction (Loudon), SR1/SR2-Crews are
implementing a detour now.
• State Route 72 is closed in Loudon due to trees/utility lines.
• Multiple locations of small, localized flooding continues (SR331 East
Emory near Jim Wolfe and Longmire, SR131 Karns RR underpass,
SR331 at Fountaingate Subdivision, SR131 near Bell Road and
addressed with high water signs).
•State Route 297 in Campbell (Newcomb area)
• State Route 113 (Hawkins)-Town called Saint Claire-closed to traffic
• Hamblen County State Route 34 at the Pizza Plus (Russellville)- closed to traffic
• SR-72 in Roane county. High water signs present, no lane closures.
• SR-61 in Roane County near the Junction of SR-327. High water signs
present, no lane closures.
• SR-61 in Union County near Jim Town Road
•SR-62 Closed at Hackworth Road in Knox County due to a slide
• SR-1 (US-11) in Lenoir City is closed at the 13MM. Lenoir City crews
are working the lane closure.
• SR-338 (Sevier) between 13-14 mm (high water, no road closure at
• US411 (Sevier) near blowing caves (high water, no road
closure at this time).
• SR-139 (Jefferson)-High Water near Berry Ridge Subdivision
• SR-75 (Washington County) High Water
• SR-67 (Washington County) High Water
• SR-35 (Blount County) Road has high water in multiple locations
KPD, KFD, and TDOT warns drivers to use extreme caution if you must be out.