KINGSTON, Tenn. (WVLT) - The Kingston Fire Department responded to a call about a woman that suffered severe facial burns around 3:45 a.m on Monday.
Firefighters arrived to the home of the woman to discover that she had been smoking a cigarette while hooked up to an oxygen machine, causing a fire to occur.
Kingston Fire officials told WVLT that the woman suffered mainly facial injuries during the incident.
According to officials, the woman was taken to a local hospital, where she was then transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center Regional Burn Center for treatment.
The identity or the status of the woman's condition is unknown at this time.