Sevier Co. government builds website, recovery hotline for wildfire relief
The Sevier County Economic Development Council with the cities of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge developed a website and hotline for information related to the recent wildfires in Sevier County.
The website www.mountaintough.org was named for something Mayor Mike Werner said in a press conference, "We are mountain tough, and we have a strong, strong faith in God."
Government officials also worked with United Way of Greater Knoxville to transition all Sevier County wildfire recover-related calls to East Tennessee 2-1-1.
Local residents can dial 2-1-1 toll free while concerned citizens outside the area can dial 865-215-4211. The call center will operate from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
Authorities say www.mountaintough.org and 2-1-1 will provide information about the following:
· Non-profit organizations that are accepting monetary donations and information on those organizations.
· How do you contribute in-kind donations such as food, clothing, toys and school supplies.
· How to schedule a drop-off of in-kind donations.
· An updated list of items currently being accepted and items that are not being accepted.
· Information on warehouse locations and victim relief centers accepting in-kind donations.
· Updated video of Gatlinburg and the area as it recovers.
· Current updates and press releases.
· A link to GIS mapping of the fire damage.
· How to volunteer to assist in the recovery efforts.
· How your organization or group can sign up to help with the recovery efforts.