Side Dish Showcase Winning recipes
Congratulations to all the winners of our Side Dish Showcase!
- 2 frozen boxes of chopped broccoli
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 box Cheese-it white cheddar crackers
- Place butter in dish and place in oven to melt
- Boil broccoli until cooked, then drain
- Mix all the other ingredients together
- Mix in broccoli
- Mix in melted butter then pour in dish
- Crush crackers over the top until fully covered
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes
- 10 C. GF bread cubes
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 apples peeled & chopped
- 4 chicken -apple sausages or other sausages chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups GF turkey broth
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread bread cubes on cookie sheet in a single layer and bake until dry, about 15 minutes.
- In large skillet heat oil and saute onion and celery until soft. Add apples and sausages and saute until apples are soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine bread cubes, onion mixture and remaining ingredients. Mix until bread is thoroughly moistened.
- Place stuffing into a lightly oiled baking dish. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove cover & continue baking to brown about 10 minutes. Or place stuffing into turkey cavity, lightly packed and cook according to weight of bird. We like to divide it so some bakes in the bird and some in the dish.
- 5 Cups Cornbread, crumbled
- 1 can ( 13 oz.) Evaporated milk
- 1 stick Butter
- 3/4 Cup finely chopped Onion
- 3/4 Cup finely chopped Green Pepper
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped Celery
- 1 medium apple, cored and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
In a large ( cast iron, opt. ) skillet, melt butter. Add 1/2 of chopped vegetables and saute until soft. Add remaining veggies and apple and saute 3 -4 minutes. Add Seasonings, Evaporated Milk and Brown Sugar. Stir in Corn Bread. Bake in Cast Iron Skillet or greased 13x9 baking dish. 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- 2 bags frozen Brussels sprouts (cut them in halves
- 1 small can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2-3 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups sliced almonds
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except for the almonds. Place them in a sprayed 9 x 12 baking pan, bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly all around. Sprinkle almonds on the top and bake for 10 more minutes. Let stand for 10 min. before serving.
- 1 box lemon jello
- 1 box orange jello
- 2 c. hot water
- 1 1/2 c cold water
- 1(no 2) can crushed drained pineapple
- 80 small marshmallows
- 3 bananas
Dissolve jello in 2 cups hot water. Add 1 1/2 cold water, pineapple, bananas and marshmallows. Pour in 9x13 Pyrex dish, cover and allow to congeal.
- 1 c sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 c pineapple juice
- 1 egg beaten until foamy
- Cook until thick and allow to cool.
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
With mixer combine heavy cream and cream cheese then slowly add previous pineapple juice mixture. Pour over jello layer and chill.
Before serving sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
It’s is a great side dish or dessert.
9 x 13 Deep Casserole Dish
1 each 8 oz bag of shredded
3) 4 State Cheddar
4) 4 Mexican
5) 1/2 cup Parmesan shaves
6) Sharp Cheddar
Pasta Noodles Cellentani(long curly mac)
1 quart Half & Half
Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan /Italian seasoning (about a tablespoon)
1 pound thick cut bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Precook bacon for 18-20 minutes
Main dish also cooks at 400°
Boil and drain noodles. Do not rinse.
Add noodles to large bowl and start dumping the first four cheeses and a large handful of Parmesan shaves on them (NOT THE SHARP CHEDDAR!)
FOLD until incorporated
Add half & half
Pour into 9 x 13 casserole dish and smooth
Spread Sharp Cheddar over the top, covering the sides and everything
Add Panko bread crumbs in a thick layer. make it generous, it adds crunch
Add Bacon to top (what you didn't eat already)
Sprinkle Italian seasoning Parmesan on top generously
Cook for 30 minutes. turning after 20
Good luck with that diet after this!
- 1 14.5 ounce can sliced beets
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 t. salt (optional)
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/4 c. water or beet juice
Combine sugar and flour. Add water or beet juice and vinegar. Cook over low heat until thick. Add salt, if desired and butter then beets. Reheat or cook to desired temperature.
-2 xl loaves of bread
-2 pkgs sage pork sausage
-8-9 eggs (or more)
In large mixing bowl, fry pork sausage; cut up loaves of bread; mix bread, sausage, eggs, milk (to consistency where bread is very moist) together; add poultry seasong to taste; add parsley flakes to liking
Set overnight in fridge. In morning, may need to add more milk to have bread moist. May put in turkey, or place in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
Granny Smith apples (coarsely chopped) mixed with cinnamon and sugar and nutmeg. Layered with buttered bread torn into small pieces. Baked to perfection! Expected to be on my table every year!!
- 2 1/2 pounds of potatoes sliced thin 1/8 inch
- 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage casings remove browned and crumbled
- 1 tbps dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 6.oz Gorgonaolza cheese crumbled
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves minced garlic
Preheat the oven to 400. Butter a 3-quart gratin dish and set aside.
Combine the potatoes with the heavy cream in a 12-inch skillet with
1/2 tsp. salt and black pepper. Simmer partially covered over medium-low heat stirring occasionally and gently with a rubber spatula until barely fork tender when pierced with a fork 8 to 12 mins.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
Melt these 3 ingredients until sugar dissolves
Dissolve 1 package dry yeast in 1/4 cup warm to hot water ....let set 10 minutes
Mix 3 cups Bisquick with 3 cups warm to hot water..Add to yeast mixture (May have to add more Bisquick to make be able to roll it out
Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness
Spread 1/2 of the sugar mixture over dough
Cut dough strips 8” by 3/4”
Roll each strip and place in round cake pan
Pour remaining sugar mixture over the top
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes (you need 5–6 cups flesh)
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Side Dish Showcase winners will appear on WVLT News This Morning every day until Thanksgiving.