Your Guide to St. Patrick's Day 2017
St. Patrick's Day is March 17, 2017. Celebrate with some festive food and swing by an event celebrating the holiday!
Here's a list of St. Patrick's Day food specials on March 17 in East Tennessee:
- McAlister's Delis will be offering guests who wear green, free glasses of green tea at participating locations.
- Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnuts will be covered in green glaze.
- Baskin Robbins is selling a special St. Patrick's day ice cream cake. This festive green cake is decorated with four leaf clovers, a colorful rainbow and a pot of gold.
- Qdoba is selling green Tabasco flavored queso. It's available for a limited time.
- Dunkin' Donuts is bringing back the Shamrock Sprinkle Donut: A donut frosted with chocolate icing and topped with special shamrock sprinkles.
- McDonald's is carrying several festive drinks for the holiday including the Shamrock Shake, Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe and a Shamrock Mocha.
Here's a list of St. Patrick's Day events on March 17 in East Tennessee:
Knoxville Irish Festival
Friday, March 17, 3 - 10 p.m.
Saturday, March 18, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
The two-day family fair includes live music, inflatable bounce houses, slides and an obstacle course, along with a mini carousel, face painting, games and activities, popcorn, cotton candy, vendors and other activities. Tickets are $1 each to pay for children's activities, games and snacks, for which prices vary. Knoxville cover band Way Sneaky Eddie was scheduled to perform from 8 - 10 p.m. Friday on the Market Square Stage, and Celtic band The Get Reels were scheduled for 3 - 6 p.m. Saturday.
Lucky Kidney Run
Saturday, March 18, 10 a.m.
A 6K course that begins in Market Square will lead runners north on Gay Street through the Historic Fourth and Gill neighborhood and back to Market Square. The 2K course follows a similar, but shorter, route. During the run, Wall Avenue between Walnut and Gay will be closed (9 - 11 a.m.), and temporary no parking zones will be established for Wall Avenue beginning at 7 a.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. for Gay Street between Wall Avenue and Summit Hill.
Fifth Anniversary Barley's St. Patrick's Day 5K
Sunday, March 19, 2 - 4 p.m.
Barley's Knoxville, 200 East Jackson Avenue
The 5K begins at Barley's and heads east on Jackson through a course that will end back at Barley's.
Knox Shamrock Fest
Parade 7 p.m.
The parade will go down Gay Street and wind through the Old City.
8 p.m. - Concert Market Square with "Way Sneaky Peat"
Irish Pub & Sports Grill in Maryville
Band, Karoke, Tent, Irish fare
Tickets are $10 dollars and will be sold at the door
Admission to 7 clubs
Corner of Gay and Clinch
Band, traditional Irish food
Crown & Goose
123 Central Street in the Old City
Boyd's Jig & Reel
101 S. Central St. in the Old City