- 1/2 pound mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking tray with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a skillet over medium heat cook chopped mushrooms until brown and most moisture has been released, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
3. In a large bowl combine cooled mushrooms, beef, seasoning, onion, garlic breadcrumbs and egg; mix all ingredients until incorporated. Shape mixture into 1½ inch meatballs. Place 1 inch apart on pan.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until meatballs reach 160°F, are cooked through and center is no longer pink.