KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame announced its 2019 class, including a big University of Tennessee name.
The announcement occurred on ESPN2 during the Baylor at Texas game. Joan Cronan, the Lady Vols Athletics Director Emeritus, is in the class and was recently inducted into the Shape America Hall of Fame. Cronan was 2005's Athletic Director of the Year and received the Lifetime Achievement Award by Women Leaders in College Sports in 2016. She received the NCAA Pat Summitt Award in 2017 and was a recipient of the The James Corbett Award in 2018.
Cronan spoke to WVLT News on the night of the announcement saying she was "thrilled and honored."
She says she is "especially proud since Knoxville is home of the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame."
The induction will take place at the Tennessee Theatre on June 8.
Members of the 2019 class are:
- Joan Cronan, Lady Vols Athletics Director Emeritus
- Beth Bass, former CEO of the Women's Basketball Coaches Association
- Nora Lynn Finch, Atlantic Coach Conference's first female Assistant Athletics Director
- Ticha Pencheiro, four-time WNBA all-star
- Ruth Riley, 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist
- Carolyn Bush Roddy, two-time NJCAA All-American at Hiwassee Junior College
- Valerie Still, University of Kentucky's all-time leading scorer and rebounder
- Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women