TSSAA delays decision on basketball tournaments amid coronavirus fears
The TSSAA Board of Control voted unanimously on Tuesday to delay a decision on how to move forward with the girls and boys state basketball tournaments after they were
Executive Director Bernard Childress expressed his desire to play the tournaments in some form or fashion. The move to delay a decision was based on that desire and approved unanimously by the board.
Guidance released by the CDC advises practicing preventative measures to help stop an outbreak in your community by:
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- If you are sick, stay home
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
KCHD launched a COVID-19 Public Information Line. The hotline number is 865-215-5555 or individuals may call toll-free at 888-288-6022. The information line will be available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.