WVLT-TV has an immediate opening for an Anchor/MMJ. We are seeking a dynamic candidate who is passionate about the art of storytelling, able to connect with people and help create memorable shows.
The candidate should possess good news judgment, be a strong writer and creative thinker. The candidate should have strong anchor skills, leadership qualities, solid news judgment and the ability to multi-task. The candidate must have a passion for local news, and want to make a difference each day for the people that live in East Tennessee.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is home the competitive 61st largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet in a city that retains a small town feel.
• Present information in a fair, unbiased manner.
• Ability to anchor, report, go live, field anchor, and present onset debriefs when needed.
• Help craft on air show and content on social media and web that enhances the viewers experience.
• Must have the ability to post and edit stories multiply times throughout the day to web and social platforms.
• Develop story ideas to present including digital components in morning/afternoon news meeting.
• Willing to work with our news consultant/talent coach to develop on-air look and presence
• Always present a professional image as a representative of WVLT-TV
• Ability to multi-task on a regular basis, meet daily and long range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere and contribute meaningful content daily.
• Candidate should have a degree in Journalism or related field
• 2 years of experience is preferred; ability to produce a plus
• Good driving record
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
6450 Papermill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37919
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WVLT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.