Gray Television seeks a dynamic Creative Services Producer for News Promotion to join our award-winning team. You will work closely with the news department to create on-air and social media promotion designed to drive station tune-in and platform growth for WVLT News across all screens. The position collaborates with the WVLT Director of Marketing and the news department to ensure that day-to-day execution of promotions align with brand goals and station mission.
The ideal candidate displays a demonstrated passion and in-depth knowledge of both social media and broadcast audiences to produce a visually compelling and emotional experience across all broadcast and social platforms. The ideal candidate is a news-driven team player, full of ideas, who creates compelling promotion and contributes to the development of strategy and tactics. In order to create and post in a real time environment for key newscasts, this is a night side position.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is the 61st largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet maintains a small town feel.
- Write, shoot and edit on-air and social media promotion. This can include but is not limited to image, special report (TSR) and topical promotion.
- Contribute to the development of station-wide strategy and tactics.
- Work daily with news producers to increase effectiveness of in-news teasing. Work with reporters and anchors to increase effectiveness of stand-up/field teasing.
- Attend afternoon editorial news meetings.
- Maintain vigilant awareness of changes in daily news coverage by communicating with News Department throughout the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- One year experience of News Promotion or writing is preferred.
- Candidates must be comfortable in both Mac and PC environments.
- A four-year college degree is required or equivalent professional experience.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Time-management skills and day-to-day project flexibility are required, along with a sense of urgency to deliver projects within predetermined deadlines.
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply online at:
WVLT-TV – Chad Kennedy
6450 Papermill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37919
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WVLT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.