General Purpose of Position: WVLT-TV, CW Knoxville & MyVLT in Knoxville, TN., is looking for a creative, energetic, enthusiastic Creative Services Producer/Editor who will develop and produce creative concepts to support all station advertising, promotion, news image and special projects. This position will fulfill a variety of multimedia functions which include, but are not limited to, shooting and editing video, writing and conceptualizing creative projects for commercial clients, station promotions and other station projects. WVLT’s Creative Services department is a collaborative, team-focused group that shares concepts, techniques, and an all-encompassing positive attitude to create promos and commercials that break the typical parameters of TV station production. Candidate should have a strong eye for layout and design, and truly enjoy creative thinking and visual problem solving.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, Edit, Shoot & Produce commercials for station clients.
- Write, Edit, Shoot and Produce promotions for station branding.
- Work collaboratively with other departments on station projects.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. Cinema 4D or Element 3D motion graphics experience considered a plus.
- Knowledge of production lighting techniques.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be skilled at presenting ideas and gaining the approval and satisfaction of clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidates must be comfortable in both Mac & PC environments.
- FAA licenses and/or experienced with drone videography considered a plus.
- A four-year college degree is required or equivalent professional experience.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Time-management skills and day-to-day project flexibility are required, along with a sense of urgency to deliver projects under tight deadlines (when required).
- Candidates will not be considered without a reel or examples of work.
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
- ATTN: Chad Kennedy
6450 Papermill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37919
- Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WVLT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE
- Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.