ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WVLT is located in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee. In addition to producing 34 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate and to expand its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscast.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is home the competitive 61st largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet in a city that retains a small town feel.
WVLT is looking for a Digital Sales Manager to join our team. The Digital Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the station's digital advertising revenue goals and working closely with the entire sales team to prospect, develop, close and maintain digital advertising accounts.
WVLT’s digital solutions include advertisement on the station’s WVLT.TV website, weather.com and the Weather Channel mobile apps as well as an entire suite of digital products from Gray Television’s digital division of LocalX Marketing. LocalX products include an array of advance digital solutions including web development, SEO, SEM, Social Media Management, OTT, Audience Extension and much more.
The DSM works in partnership with the sales team to identify customer needs and recommend effective marketing solutions, integrating traditional television advertising with non-traditional digital tools and new media platforms.
• Ensure the station achieves their monthly, quarterly and annual digital revenue goals
• Maximize digital revenue by managing digital advertising inventory & pricing
• Coach and lead individual Account Executives to grow digital revenue and drive new business
• Assist the sales team with development and implementation of effective digital marketing solutions for a wide range of clients
• Ensure all digital marketing materials are up-to-date and assist team with building digital solution proposals
• Work with Sales Management team to integrate digital solutions with traditional concepts
• Attend client meetings with Account Executives to present and explain complex digital solutions in simple, easy to understand language to clients, media buyers, advertising agencies and other key decision makers
• Work with sales team to effectively explain campaign results to digital clients
• Coordinate between LocalX, Gray Digital Media, and the WVLT sales team
• Ensure digital campaigns are setup properly for success utilizing all campaign tracking tools.
• Work with Digital Sales Coordinator to oversee banner ad graphic design, campaign onboarding forms and other digital tasks such digital reconciliation and missing creative reports.
• Serve as the in-market expert for digital marketing and media
• Follow online, mobile, OTT and social media marketing trends, emerging technology, the competitive landscape, etc…
• Introduce new digital marketing products and services in sales training meetings
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of sales experience, preferable in digital media
• Current knowledge of digital ad technology including Google Analytics.
• Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint required.
• IAB and/or Google AdWords Certification a plus.
• Experience with DFP / Google Ad Manager, Wide Orbit, Matrix a Plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.