WVLT-TV has an immediate opening for a Local Sales Coordinator, responsible for supporting the local sales team as they sell three local television stations, as well as a full suite of digital product offerings. The ever-changing and expanding offerings in the digital space make this position most suitable for someone with a passion for new technologies, a natural curiosity, and ability to adapt and embrace new and emerging technology.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is home the competitive 61st largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet in a city that retains a small town feel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter new orders for advertising sold to clients by local account executives.
- Build proposals and recaps for the local team.
- Evaluate analytics of current advertising campaigns.
- Create client recaps, demonstrating delivery and effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Build research pieces to support sales efforts.
- Manage some light clerical responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with other departments on station projects.
- Front desk positioned seating, which requires being comfortable interacting with station guests and clients.
- Work in assisting in a variety of sales projects.
- Typical projects include, but not limited to: order entry, digital graphic requests, phone switchboard, filing, traffic needs, and various accounting responsibilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must acquire basic math and accounting skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and be comfortable communicating.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent professional experience is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to oversee multiple projects independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Fast-learner, adaptive to a changing media climate.
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
6450 Papermill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37919
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WVLT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.