Gray Television is looking for a dynamic, results-driven MultiMedia Journalist for WVLT in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee. In addition to producing 34 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate and to expand its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscast.
Job Summary: The ideal candidate must be able to produce and deliver daily content on a variety of platforms including, live TV,internet, social networking sites and mobile. Successful applicants must possess a terrific grasp of current events, strong organizational skills and the ability to shoot and edit your own video. You must also understand and embrace the importance of the multi-platform newsroom. Social media is an integral part of our interaction with viewers. You must be a dynamic reporter, pitch “enterprise” stories daily, be a great photographer and creative editor ; a storyteller with smart news judgment, excellent technical skills and the ability to work independently and with others, on deadline. A passion for wanting to win with a can-do attitude are essential. Strong leadership and teamwork is a must. Strong leadership and teamwork is a must.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
- Work with producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
- Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
- Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
- Covers news in the field to generate, produce and deliver high profile special reports• Edit video for broadcasts and the web
- Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned.
Experience with live shots and breaking news coverage - mandatory. Ability to operate TVU preferred. Social media and web skills essential. A degree in journalism or related field and a minimum of three years reporting experience required. Must have a good driving record.
Persons interested in submitting an application for the position identified above should apply online at www.gray.tv
WVLT-TV – MMJ
6450 Papermill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37919
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WVLT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management.