WVLT is located in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee. In addition to producing 34 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate and to expand its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscast.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is the 61st largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee’s flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet in a city that retains a small town feel.
We are seeking a dynamic candidate who is passionate about the art of storytelling, able to connect with people and help create memorable shows.
The candidate should be assertive, willing to ask the tough questions, possess good news judgment, be a strong writer and creative thinker. The candidate should have strong anchor skills, leadership qualities, solid news judgment and the ability to multi-task.
- Present information in a fair, unbiased manner,
- Develop story ideas to present including digital components in morning/afternoon news meeting.
- Deliver content on social media and web
- Ability to anchor, report, go live, field anchor, and present onset debriefs when needed.
- Must have the ability to post and edit stories multiply times throughout the day to web and social platforms.
- Work contacts and establish self in beat counties and community
- Willing to work with our news consultant/talent coach to develop on-air look and presence
- Always present a professional image as a representative of WVLT-TV
- Ability to multi-task on a regular basis, meet daily and long range deadlines, work well with others in a team atmosphere and contribute meaningful content daily.
- Candidate should have a degree in Journalism or related field
- 2 years of experience is preferred; ability to produce a plus
- Good driving record
Please apply online at www.gray.tv